DEADLINE: 12th January 2018 (Friday of 0th Week, Hilary Term)
OUMS Competition Rules and Details:
1. The competition is open to any composer who is a current member of the University of Oxford or of the Oxford University Music Society.
2. One cash prize of £100 will be awarded to the winner and OUMS may award certificates of commendation to other works. The winning composition will be performed by the Oxford University Sinfonietta in their Hilary Term concert.
3. The composition must not have already been performed in concert.
4. The composition must be scored for chamber orchestra, no larger than 2,2,2,2,-2,2,0,0,timp,str. Auxiliary instruments that can be used are: piccolo, cor anglais, e-flat clarinet, bass clarinet, contrabassoon, flugelhorn and piccolo trumpet.
5. The composition must not exceed ten minutes in length and will be judged both on its musical merit and on its practicality of performance within OUSinf’s Hilary Term programme.
6. In all cases, the decision of the adjudication panel is final. No further correspondence will be considered.
7. Since all scores will be submitted to the adjudication panel anonymously, entries must only contain the title of the piece. Entries must NOT contain the composer’s name.
8. Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The score should be submitted as a PDF file and recordings in mp3 (can be synthesised or live).
9. The deadline for entry is 12th January 2018 (Friday of 0th Week, Hilary Term)
10. Adjudication will take place in January 2018.
11. The winners will be notified in early Hilary term.
12. If selected as the winner, parts will need to be produced by the composer by the beginning of 5th week at the latest.